SPEAK UP FOR THE ENVIRONMENT!
Hong Kong's environmental petition platform
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION STATEMENT
This Personal Information Collection Statement ("PICS") applies to all users (sometimes referred to as "you") who register for an account on our website www.SupportHK.org ("Site"). The website is operated and managed by the ADM Capital Foundation Limited ("ADMCF Ltd.")
ADMCF Ltd. is committed to ensuring the privacy of each user's personal data in accordance with the Hong Kong Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap 486) ("Ordinance"). This PICS sets out how ADMCF Ltd. may collect, use and disclose a user's personal information. ADMCF Ltd. may at its sole discretion amend this PICS from time and time, and all use and access of the services on the Site, including but not limited to visiting, accessing or browsing the Site, signing or organizing a petition on the Site, and any other services ADMCF Ltd. may offer on the Site (collectively, the "Services") will be governed by the most recent PICS. ADMCF Ltd. will provide notice of materially significant changes to this PICS by posting a notice on the Site and by sending a notice to all users with registered accounts on the Site.
1. Collection of Personal Data
In order to access some features of the Services such as signing and/or organising a petition, you will need to create an account on the Site. When you create an account, ADMCF Ltd. will collect the following information from you:
- your name;
- the name of your organization if you are an authorized person opening an account on behalf of your organization;
- country of residence; and
- email address
(collectively, the "Personal Data").
ADMCF Ltd. will only collect personal information that it believes is relevant and required to provide you with the Services. In the event that you do not provide any of the Personal Data indicated as mandatory at the time of collection, we will not be able to provide you with access to the Services.
2. Purposes of Collecting and Keeping Your Personal Data
ADMCF Ltd. collects, retains and uses your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to provide you with customer service including but not limited to using your feedback to improve the Services and the Site, and to respond to your queries, feedback or claims, and to support your needs more efficiently;
- to perform auditing, data analysis, and research in order to improve our Services and the Site;
- to process donation administration, such as issuing receipt acknowledgements, receipts, payment collection notices, donation records, etc.;
- to make such disclosures as may be required for any of the above purposes or as required by law or in respect of any feedback or claims made by you;
- to allow you to sign petition(s) on the Site; and
- provided that you opted in to receiving the SupportHK newsletter and other marketing materials from us, to provide you with information related to fundraising, education, social services, operations and functions of ADMCF Ltd.
3. Transfer of Personal Data
ADMCF Ltd. will disclose your Personal Data to the following parties directly related to the above-mentioned data collection purposes:
- any ADMCF Ltd. partnership office, our affiliates, and each of our respective directors, officers, agents, contractors, partners and employees;
- any co-organiser, agent or other third party involved with ADMCF Ltd. in organising any fundraising, education, or social services activities;
- any agent, contractor or third party service providers engaged by us to provide administrative, computer, telecommunications, or other services in connection with our Services, and any fundraising, education, social services, operation functions ("Third Party Service Providers"). These Third Party Service Providers are under a duty of confidentiality to us and are only permitted to use your Personal Data in connection with the purposes specified above, and not for their own purposes;
- any statutory, governmental or regulatory bodies, institutions or any person to whom ADMCF Ltd. is under an obligation to make disclosure under the requirements of any laws, subpoenas, court orders or other legal process binding on ADMCF Ltd.;
4. Direct Marketing
If, when creating your account you opt in to receive the SupportHK newsletter and other marketing materials, ADMCF Ltd. may use your Personal Data to provide marketing materials to you relating to:
- the fundraising, education, social services, operations and functions of ADMCF Ltd. our affiliates and their respective co-organisers, as well as information about their respective initiatives, services, activities and other related information and services;
- programs and services offered on ADMCF Ltd.'s Site; and
- charitable activities and events organized by ADMCF Ltd., its affiliates or co-organisers.
If at any time you do not want ADMCF Ltd. to use your Personal Data for direct marketing as described above, you may exercise your opt-out right by un-checking the box "[ ]"in your profiles and settings page, or by notifying ADMCF Ltd. via email to email@example.com.
5. Transfer of Your Personal Data to a Petition Organizer
On or prior to the time you sign a petition on the Site, ADMCF Ltd., you will be required to create an account at which time we will seek your consent to permit: (a) ADMCF Ltd. to transfer your Personal Data to the Petition Organiser, and (b) for the Petition Organiser to transfer your Personal Data to the target(s) indicated in the petition. If you do not consent to the transfer of your Personal Data as set out in the foregoing (a) and (b), you will not be able to sign a petition on the Site.
Once you have signed a petition, you will be allowed to opt in by ticking check box(es) "[ ]", to receive from the Petition Organiser:
- petition updates, allowing the Petition Organiser to send you updates on the petition; and
- organizational updates, communications such as newsletters, surveys, fundraising appeals, announcements, research and event invitations in relation to the petition.
If you consent to us transferring your Personal Data to the Petition Organiser, you agree and understand that:
- ADMCF Ltd. has no control over the content, frequency and/or any other aspect of such communications between you and the Petition Organiser;
- ADMCF Ltd. does not in any way monitor or attempt to verify the intended recipients of any petition and/or the Petition Organiser and disclaims all liability regarding the accuracy of the intended recipient(s) of all petitions and/or Petition Organisers;
- the Petition Organiser is a separate data user and is not an agent, contractor, data processor, or in any similar type of relationship with ADMCF Ltd., as such, in no event will ADMCF Ltd., its affiliates, or any of their respective directors, officers, agents, contractors, partners or employees be liable to you or any third party for any damages whatsoever arising from the petition organiser's use of your Personal Data.
If at any time you would like the petition organiser to cease using your Personal Data for petition updates as described above, you may exercise your opt-out right by un-checking the box "[ ]"in your profiles and settings page on the Site, or by contacting the Petition ORGANISER directly, or by notifying ADMCF Ltd. via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If at any time you would like the Petition Organiser to cease using your Personal Data for direct marketing updates as described above, you may exercise your right by contacting the Petition ORGANISER directly, or by notifying ADMCF Ltd. via email to email@example.com.
Your Personal Data will be kept confidential in accordance with this PICS. Any questions, comments, suggestions or information other than Personal Data sent or posted to us ADMCF Ltd. users will be deemed voluntarily provided to ADMCF Ltd. on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis. ADMCF Ltd. reserves the right to use, reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish, broadcast and/or post elsewhere such information freely.
7. Safety of Personal Data
All reasonable efforts are made to ensure that any Personal Data held by ADMCF Ltd. are stored in a secure and safe place, and accessed only by our authorised employees or authorised Third Party Service Providers.
8. Right to Access and Correct Personal Data
Under the Ordinance, you have the right of access to your Personal Data held by ADMCF Ltd. and the Petition Organiser to request correction of the information. If you have any questions regarding this PICS or if you wish to access or correct your Personal Data, you may send your request in writing to the following address:
SupportHK.org, Suite 2406, 9 Queen's Road, Central, Hong Kong
Or by e-mailing to: info@SupportHK.org
All such requests will be dealt within in accordance with the requirements under the Ordinance. In accordance with the Ordinance, ADMCF Ltd. reserves the right to charge you a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access or correction request.
By ticking the checkbox "I agree to the Terms and Conditions of the Site", you are indicating that:
- you consent to us using your Personal Data as indicated above; and
- you have read, understood and agree to be bound by:
Please note that if ADMCF Ltd. does not receive your consent your personal data will not be used for direct marketing purposes by ADMCF Ltd. but may still be retained on ADMCF Ltd.'s database to enable us to provide you with the services requested by you. You have the right to request access to and to amend the Personal Data ADMCF Ltd. holds for you by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.